University-Based • Puget Sound Focused • Improving the Future • of the Region—and Beyond
The WSU Puyallup Research and Extension Center provides research, technology, instruction, and outreach to improve agriculture, community well-being, and natural resources by bridging our land-grant mission to an increasingly urbanized Puget Sound region and beyond.
Quality • Commitment • Effectiveness • Creativity & Innovation • Knowledge • Integrity • Trust
PhD student given Award of Excellence by GPSA
Congratulations are in order for Henry Sintim, a PhD candidate in the Crop and Soil Sciences program at WSU Puyallup.
Sintim was recently selected for the Award of Excellence by The Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA) for his accomplishments and contributions as a Research Assistant during the 2016-2017 academic year.Read Story
Graduate Student Wins Alexander A. Smick Scholarship
WSU Puyallup REC would like to congratulate graduate student Andrea Garfinkel for being selected as a 2017 Alexander A. Smick Scholarship in Rural Community Service and Development winner.
Garfinkel was selected for not just her impressive application but also her commitment to rural community service and agricultural outreach in Alaska. Since 2013 she and her advisor, Dr. Gary Chastagner, have traveled to Alaska at least once per growing season to meet with farmers—many being first-time farmers who benefit immensely from Garfinkel and Chastagner’s knowledge and experience.Read Story
Faculty Member Receives NRCS Grant
WSU Puyallup Animal Sciences faculty member Joe Harrison has been selected as a grant recipient through the Natural Resources Conservation Service’s Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) program. NRCS is a branch of the United States Department of Agriculture
Dr. Harrison will receive $460,010 from NRCS to support his project—“Mobile System for Nutrient (Phosphorus) Recovery and Cost Efficient Nutrient Transport.” The project has also received an additional $150,000 in match funding from the Washington Dairy industry.Read Story
- PhD student given Award of Excellence by GPSA
- Graduate Student Wins Alexander A. Smick Scholarship
- Faculty Member Receives NRCS Grant
- Faculty Awarded WSU Grand Challenges Seed Grant
- Graduate and PhD students published in journal
- Dr. Jen McIntyre co-recipient of prestigious award
- Puyallup Graduate Student Named to CSSA Board
- The Innovators lecture series features Puyallup researcher
- Grad Student Wins Grant A. Harris Research Instrumentation Fellowship
- Prof. receives award for outstanding gardening book